I decided to do a list.
10 things I learned at the NY Now Show this year.
1.Setting up my booth with Mr. Know-it-All was interesting.....He's a creeper.
2. Retail is changing the way companies look at merchandise and selling. Amazon is King and I am in the back seat.
3. Sales people across the US are questioning if shows are the way to go in order to get your product to buyers.
4. Mr. Know-it-All thinks he knows it all.
5. On a rainy day, you can go right up to the top of the Empire State Building and have literally no wait time in line. They let you go all the way up for a small price of $39 ;)
6. I met some really nice business men from Japan who bought some of my boards. I got to put a pin on my world map in Osaka Japan.
7. I got to meet with the former president of Williams-Sonoma for dinner. We are friends now and he got to meet Mr. Know-it-All, but I don't know if he knows I call him that.
8. I didn't see all the small business owners like I did in 2013. I am thinking they not going to the shows anymore..........
9. I am wondering how I am going to sell more online in my store and how to incorporate that.....
10. By Wednesday night I was so tired from the show and going out all night I could hardly keep my eyes open.
This show was an eye opener for me in that it did not produce the results I received in 2013. Are the buyers that came before not going to the shows? Are the buyers going online now? They are closing more retail stores throughout the US so maybe. I have a lot to think about. But I do know one thing.
I will never give up.
your custom cabinet girl